There are many women all over the world these days that are going through domestic abuse. This is a serious problem, but many women don't even realize that this is happening to them. That is why you need to know how to recognize if this is what you are going through.
First, you need to know what exactly this type of abuse is. It is when a loved one or family member does their best to dominate you by using either physical or emotional violence. They are doing their best to take your power away from you by controlling you in every aspect possible.
Now that you know that important information you need to know that there are many ways you can determine if you are being abused. Here are some of the signs for abuse that you want to be on the lookout for.
1. If your partner accuses you of being unfaithful when you know you have been faithful.
2. Does everything they possibly can to keep you from spending any time with your friends or family.
3. Likes to criticize you for any small thing, even without provocation.
4. Whenever they are able to they will do their best to be sure they humiliate you in front of people, no matter where you are.
5. Breaks your possessions on purpose, especially any that mean something special to you.
6. They turn violent and their anger out on you when they use alcohol or drugs.
7. Threatens you with violence for any small thing you do, even when they are not drinking or doing drugs.
8. They use violence on you when they are angry, even if you didn't do anything.
9. Takes control over the amount of money you are able to spend or even make.
10. Likes to make you do things against your will.
These are just some of the more common signs that you are going through abuse. If you believe you are being abused, then you can't let it continue because it won't stop until you make it stop.
The best way to get away from your abuser is to get help from outside the home. You can see help from friends and family, but the best thing to do is to go to the proper authorities for help.
Domestic abuse is not something anyone wants to believe they are dealing with, but too many people do. Don't ever assume that it will just end or get better over time because it won't. You have to do the smart thing and get away from your abuser and seek as much help as you can get. Otherwise, you will find that your life is literally in danger; so do something about it now because you are the only one that can decide you have had enough.
|About The Author|
If you enjoyed this article by Jeff Schuman please visit our women's empowerment website today. You will find useful information that will help women find their voices again. We offer fresh perspectives and principles based on proven strategies that will move you from where you are to where you want to be.http://www.GodAndEnergy.com .