Pimples are a result of clogged hair follicles which cause the skin to become swollen and infected. This can happen because of a lack in diet (generally because of too much white bread and sugar consumption or a lack of vital vitamins and minerals), hormone imbalance, stress and abrasive clothing.
Many people look to creams, antibiotics and harsh chemicals to cure their acne, but the truth is that the best cure is basic skin care. This article will show you exactly how to treat your skin properly and prevent and treat pimples.
Basic skin care:
When washing your face, use your hands rather than a rough face cloth and ensure that your hands are clean.
Rinse your skin with warm water (not hot or cold).
Pat dry with a clean towel (don't rub).
Use a mild soap preferably approved for facial use.
The following home remedies are very effective and inexpensive ways to reduce acne:
Tea tree oil tea tree oil contains Terpenes which fights off bacteria.
Lemon juice and rose water mix the juice of one lemon with the same amount of rose water, apply to the face and leave for 30 minutes. Wash off with warm water. Repeat once a day and results should be seen within two weeks.
Aspirin aspirin contains beta hydroxide acid which unclogs your pores. Mix the aspirin with water and apply to your face. Leave on for no more than 15 minutes. For a healthy glow, add honey to the mixture.
Do not pick at pimples with your nail as this just aggravates the problem and causes more redness and swelling.
1. Hold an ice cube to the area where the pimples have presented themselves.
2. Apply a spot of non-gel toothpaste to the pimple/s and leave overnight. (if you have particularly sensitive skin, test the toothpaste on a different area of skin for an hour before using it on your pimples).
Drink plenty of water.
Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
Refrain from applying heavy make-up.
Keep your bedding, towels, face cloths and make-up applicators clean.
Religiously keep to your daily skin routine.
Get plenty of sleep.
Avoid popping pimples as you can end up pushing the pus further into the skin and cause the problem to worsen. However, if you have a big event coming up and really need to get rid of a pimple, this is the correct way to pop a pimple:
1. Disinfect a needle or pin with rubbing alcohol, leave the needle sitting in the alcohol while you carry on with the next few steps.
2. Wet a face cloth with hot water and hold against the pimple for 20 minutes, keep wetting the face cloth with more hot water.
3. Wash your hands thoroughly with an antibacterial soap and then dry hands on a clean paper towel.
4. Disinfect the area around the pimple with a cotton ball that has been soaked in the rubbing alcohol.
5. Using the needle you had waiting for you in the rubbing alcohol, you now need to do what us called lancing the pimple. Gently push or lance the needle into the pimple (about inch).
6. Once you remove the needle, pus should begin to excrete from the pimple immediately (If it isn't, repeat from step 2, excluding step 5. If this doesn't work, it means your pimple is not yet ready to be popped). Use both of your index fingers to gently push the sides of the pimple together and remove the excess pus (pressing too hard will only cause the pus to sink deeper into the skin).
7. Wipe the pus away with a cotton ball that has been soaked in the rubbing alcohol.